Limonana is a popular refreshing Israeli middle eastern lemonade with mint.
Flipflops, summer hats, picnics, beach life, burning sun, suntan, fun games, palm trees, sun beds, and the bar.
Does that sound familiar or does it remind you rather of a distant but familiar dream?
Hasn’t the hot season arrived yet in your corner of the world?
Soon enough summer will be knocking on your door and that’s when you want a refreshing limonana!
What is a Limonana?
Limanana is an Israeli mint lemonade.
The cute sounding Lemonade with mint is super popular in Israel due to the constant heat in the middle east.
The Lemonade Limonana is prepared with the addition of Mint.
You can add peppermint but usually, regular fresh mint is used in this recipe
How to make limonana?
To prepare this iconic non-alcoholic lemon mint summer refreshment, simply follow the steps.
Squeeze out all the lemon juice and add to your blender jar.
Wash the fresh mint leaves well and add those to the jar too.
Pour water over the mint and lemon juice and add sugar as well if you like.
Blend for 1-2 minutes until the mint leaves are turned into small pieces.
Strain your limonana lemonade. That way you won’t have the mint pieces left in your beverage
Serve with ice cubes cold.
More summer beverage ideas
Dear Reader, did you try the limonana?
Limonana – Israeli Mint Lemonade Recipe
For the Beverage:
- 2 Lemons
- 1 handful Mint Leaves fresh
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar or Honey, Stevia
- 3 cups Water
- Mint Leaves
- Lemon Slices
- Ice Cubes
- Add to a blender jar the freshly squeezed lemon juice, the mint leaves, sugar and water and blend the whole content well so that the leaves are completely cut into tiny pieces.
- Strain the beverage 2 times with a fine sieve so that no mint pieces are left.
- Serve your Limonana with ice cubes and garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.