5 min Brown Sugar Oatmeal – Flavorful, healthy quick and easy weekday breakfast.
I make this when I am in a hurry but hungry for something warm in the morning. Can’t go wrong with this oatmeal bowl with brown sugar and cinnamon!
Oatmeal porridge can be so comforting in the morning before running out the door to go to work or to school. When I went to college back in Austria, we didn’t have oatmeal porridge because that’s not a commonly made breakfast dish there.
If I look back I wished I had had something like a comforting brown sugar oatmeal porridge before catching the cold bus and train to go to college.
It surely would have made my day sweeter!
My Other Recipes
What’s Brown Sugar Oatmeal?
We all know regular cooked oatmeal porridge right? Well, Quaker oats have a delicious brown sugar oatmeal version in their product range. Sure, we could just go with that but it costs way more than the plain instant oatmeals!
So, I came up with my own homemade version, which by the way tastes better because after all, you get to adjust it the way you like it. I find the ready made brown sugar oatmeals from quaker way too sweet.
In that sense, the homemade brown sugar oatmeal is healthier!
It’s not as if it was complicated to prepare your own flavored brown sugar oatmeal dish. There is no extra work involved. That’s why I don’t get why I should buy the ready-made version.
In 5 min you can prepare a wholesome batch of hot sweet brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal with this recipe. That’s the same time it takes you to cook up the ready-made quaker version which costs even more.
How to make brown sugar oatmeal? [Video]
The process to prepare brown sugar oatmeal is simple. Because let’s just faced it, we don’t need a complicated morning! right?!
You cook the milk, you add the oats, pinch salt, cinnamon and cook the oats thick. Add to the bowl sprinkle brown sugar over the hot oats. Let it melt and dig in!
The purpose of this brown sugar oatmeal porridge recipe is to remind us (including me) to not to skip breakfast.
Here we go with a quick clip.
Useful kitchen tools which you might want to get if you don’t have that already:
5 min Brown Sugar Oatmeal Porridge Recipe below:
- 200 Milliliter Milk 6.76 fl oz or 6/7 cup
- 100 Milliliter Water 3.38 fl oz 3/7 cup
- 100 grams instant Oatmeals or 3.5 oz or about 1 1/7 cups
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Grab a pan and add the water and milk. Heat up and pour in your oatmeals, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Mix the whole content well.
- Let the oats cook on the slow heat while stirring all the time. The porridge will thicken and once it's completely thick it's done.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar over the hot porridge. You can sprinkle some cinnamon too if you wish.
- Mix in the brown sugar and enjoy still warm!
2. Original brown sugar Quaker oats call for maple syrup as well. You can add that too if you want.
Similar to the brown sugar oatmeal porridge:
Dear Reader, are you a regular breakfast eater?
Please feel free to share with us further below your thoughts and ideas.Get FREE Recipes via Email: Don't miss a recipe, Subscribe to the Masala Herb Newsletter!
You may like...
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.