It’s quite clear that the Indian summer has surprised us once again in Goa. We live in denial that the heat is going to hit us sooner or later and when the day comes, we act surprised and of course annoyed. So, here I am sitting writing this while feeling all sticky and uncomfortable – even after having had 3 cold showers today! – wondering if the weather was getting hotter every year that passed.
At the same time I am enjoying once again my green simple ice berg salad with a cooling yogurt lime dressing. The salad makes it all tolerable and for a split second, while the dressing is unfolding it’s purpose in my mouth, I actually forget the annoying weather conditions in Goa. I am honestly about to stop writing this and instead thinking of going into the kitchen and prepare more veggies, so that I can cover them with another layer of my beloved yogurt lime dressing!
I know I am not the only person in the world right now suffering in the heat wave so sharing with you this yogurt lime dressing is a must. Even if you don’t feel necessarily hot in your part of the world, you can go ahead and enjoy a salad with the dressing. I like to use crisp and fresh ice berg salad leafs, tomato, corn and I try to add fresh prawns. It just makes it all the more irresistible.
Of course I leave you the liberty once again to play around with the salad ingredients. You could also add cooked french beans (or other beans), potato, cauliflower or broccoli, or raw ingredients such as lettuce, carrot, cucumber, beets and kohlrabi.
If you are looking for other creamy, more filling salad dressing ideas then check out the creamy mustard dressing and the thousand island dressing for some inspiration. In the meanwhile I will try getting used to the heat so that I can cook up something delicious soon again for you!
- 300 milliliter Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 3½ Tablespoon Mayo
- Juice of one Lime
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic (optional)
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients well. If you want you can add garlic but it's not a must in this simple recipe.
- Place the salad dressing into a jar and store in the fridge. Can be kept for about a week or more, this depends on the yogurt's expiry date!
What veggies would you use with this yogurt lime dressing?
Shop now at Masala Herb!
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Easy and Quick Paneer Korma Recipe – Indian Cottage Cheese Curry – mughlai shahi paneer - February 23, 2015
- Beetroot Chocolate Cake Recipe - February 13, 2015
- Chicken Chow Mein – Stir fried Noodles the Indo Chinese way - February 9, 2015