Sometimes I just don't know what to do with my Vegetables at home.
I like vegetables but not in masses and I mostly enjoy them in combination with any meat and some carbs such as bread.
As a kid I had a lots of Veggies and already back then I was never much a fan of them and neither my stomach, who gets very unsatisfied at the prospect of Vegetables.
Its so unfilling, its simply not contenting!
On the other hand Vegetables are so healthy, so well doing for our body.
That placed me into a position where I had to think of a convenient solution to my dilemma.
So I started to play around by marinating, stuffing and mixing them in a way, so that I could actually enjoy Veggies as main course.
Doing that I created several interesting flavours (you know how much fun I have doing that >>> Avocado creux fourré ) Some Ideas of course still need some extra zing, an improvement, and once the recipe development is complete, I ll share my creation with you all.
Today I have a recipe as such, my version of spicy stuffed Aubergines.
Surfing through the web I came across many wonderful dishes, some of them are more tempting then others, and some are simply ingenious.
Some dishes at times give me the feeling they need extra or less flavours to make it all a convenient dish.
Of course everybody has their own imagination of a awesome memorable meal and nowadays we have a vast amount of ingredients in our disposal, which makes it all easier for our taste buds to choose what we like or not.
That was the case with my spicy stuffed Aubergine recipe.
I discovered several interesting stuffed Aubergine recipes such as Torviews Eggplant curry stuffed with coconut recipe and Cookie Shutters Bharli Vaangi .
The recipes inspired me to create it to my liking, smooth and not too spicy, crunchy filling, soft well cooked vegetable with a relishing sweet fitting sauce.
I further liked the concept of keeping the stem, transforming the dish into "finger food".
Believe me it is filling my tummy, and I am jollier then ever after a plate of it, bringing hope into my health diet and a smile on my future selfs face.
Dear Reader, did you try the Recipe?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
PIN to save for later!
So you love SPICES and HERBS?
GET 5 FREE SEASONING LESSONS
Type in your email address below.
Including free access to the
Seasoning Members only Club!
Spicy stuffed Aubergine
- 4 small Aubergine preferably long
- 1 medium Onion - quartered sliced
- 1 Tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1 cup Water
For the stuffing
- Start by keeping the Tamarind pulp in a bowl with little hot water.
- Rinse the Aubergine and slit 3 inches crossed into the Aubergine as shown. Keep aside.
- In a bowl combine all the stuffing ingredients mentioned above and mix them well.
- Stuff the Aubergines with the filling full. Keep aside
- Clean, rinse and cut the onions. Fry them with little oil on medium heat, glossy. Take them out of the pan and keep aside. In the same frying pan on low heat add the mustard seeds, cover and let them pop up. Then add the stuffed Aubergine to the pan and fry them all sides for short 4 minutes. Now add in the cup of water and cover. Keep on low heat for about 15 minutes and keep on turning every now and then the Aubergine so they get eavenly cooked. Add little water in case it all gets too dry.
- Just 2 minutes before serving add into the pan the jaggery and tamarind pulp liquid and mix well.
- Serve the cooked Aubergine with the fried onion slices and top with fresh chopped coriander.
This post may contain affiliate links that point to things or services that I recommend. This may include Amazon, getyourguide and booking.com. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.