Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken Recipe
Quick and Easy Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken Recipe. Make your own panda express copycat dinner meal at home! This is a low carb keto friendly recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
marinate at least5 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 2 servings
For the marination:
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar I used brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayene Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper about 12 pepper corn
- 2 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- 10.6 ounces Chicken cut into bite sized pieces
For the cooking process:
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 large Green Onion aka spring onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger + Garlic *see Notes
- 5.3 ounces Celery stalks fresh, cut into bite sized pieces
In a small bowl prepare the marination by mixing together the sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, and black pepper first.
Pour the marination over the cut cleaned chicken pieces and add the corn flour as well. Mix it through. Leave to marinate, a minimum of 5 minutes.
Heat up a pan with the oil and add the sliced green onion bulbs to the pan. Stir cook for a minute before adding in the ginger and garlic as well. Stir cook quickly and mix.
Now add the celery stalk pieces to the pan and stir cook for another 1-2 minutes on high heat.
Reduce the heat and make some space in the center and add the marinated chicken with the marination to the pan. Mix it all through and stir cook until chicken is done.
Garnish with the sliced green onion stalks and serve hot with a bowl of rice or bread.
- The longer you leave the chicken to marinate the better.
- You can skip the addition of corn flour, which gives a nice shine to your chicken.
- Green Onion bulb slices and stalks kept separate
- Use chopped fresh Ginger and Garlic (1:2 ratio) or Ginger and Garlic Paste
- You can also sprinkle some more freshly crushed black pepper over the chicken dish as a garnish.
- Use only quality freshly ground or crushed black peppercorn. Makes all the difference in this dish!
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1125mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 17.9% | Vitamin C: 9.9% | Calcium: 5.6% | Iron: 8.9%