Mexican Seasoning Recipe
Mexican seasoning is easily prepared by mixing all the ground spices together. This Mexican seasoning is low in sodium and you can make it gluten-free if you use gluten-free onion and garlic powder (best is to make your own from scratch).
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 Tablespoon
- 2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coriander Seed Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Oregano dried
- You have the option to use whole spices as well, which would definitely increase the flavors in the spice blend! If you want to use whole spices, dry toast them in a frying pan so that the aroma is emitted. Then let cool and turn into a powder with morsel or blender.
- Store in a jar in a dry and cool place away from sunlight. Use whenever needed.
- Adjust the heat by reducing the red chili powder amount or by using different chili varieties such as ancho, habanero, de arbol or serrano.
- I used a roasted garlic powder version
- I like to use a smoked Paprika
Serving: 13g | Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.7mg