Easy White Chocolate Liqueur Recipe
Based on the Mozart white chocolate cream liqueur from Salzburg. Use this sweet creamy alcoholic beverage to pimp your cocktails or enjoy as it is. Homemade chocolate liqueur makes a great holiday gift!
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 liter bottle
- 14.1 ounces White Chocolate bar *see Notes
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar optional
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence or 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup White Rum
Prepare a water bath (aka Bain Marie) by keeping a pot with some water on the fire and placing a mixing bowl over it (stainless steel or borosilicate glass). That way we can melt the chocolate without burning it!
Place the chocolate into the bowl and let it melt with the whipping cream powdered sugar, milk and vanilla added.
Mix and whisk until the chocolate has molten completely.
Take from the heat and let cool a bit before you pour the rum into the white chocolate liqueur.
Mix everything well.
Pour white creamy chocolate rum into a clean sterilized bottle and close with a stopper.
Store in the fridge until further use.
The chocolate liqueur can be kept for weeks because it doesn't include eggs and it does use sterilized milk, so follow the best before the date of the milk and the whipped cream.
Keep in mind that after cooking the liqueur is hot and very liquid. Once it cools down it gets super creamy. If you want a liquid version of the white chocolate cream, double the milk quantity in the recipe.
- Use premium quality white chocolate bar slabs. Avoid chocolate chips, they don't melt that well and form pieces.
- Sugar is optional in the sense that it depends on how sweet your white chocolate is. Premium white chocolate is not that sweet so you will need the 100 grams. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- You can choose to add 1 cup ( 200 ml) or 1 1/4 cup (250 milliliters) white rum. Test taste to see how you prefer it.
- Shake bottle before each use.
Serving: 85g | Calories: 1130kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 92g | Saturated Fat: 57g | Cholesterol: 338mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 339mg | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 73.9% | Vitamin C: 1.7% | Calcium: 29.3%