Soups were commonly prepared at home.
I am not a huge fan of soups, and prefer heavier meals, satisfying my craves, but I do prepare time to time soups in my kitchen.
Especially when the climate is cold and wet or when one of us at home is sick.
That’s when a liquid, healthy, hot, rich meal is a must, surrounding and changing your tensed stress full day with a warm, cozy and homely feeling.
The Noodles and the warm flavors, yummy and rich, making it a potential addiction prone delight.
My mother understood then, that smiley and ABC noodles would help me, a soup shy kid, to finish my plate with a satisfied tummy.
- 1 medium onion – sliced finely
- 5 clove Garlic – crushed, chopped
- 1 Tomato – cubed
- 1 small carrot – cut in small slices
- 1½ medium size Potatoes – cut in small cubes or slices
- 1 handful Cabbage – shredded finely
- 1-2 cups Stock ( Veg/Chicken) or 1 Maggie cube
- 2 Bay leave
- Pepper balls
- Nutmeg – add carefully, tasting
- Soup noodles – optional
- Begin by washing, cleaning, peeling and cutting all the veggies. Next, add little oil in a soup pot and fry the cut onion and garlic, till the onions get a pinkish glossy hue. Now stir in 1 by one, first the tomatoes then the rest of the vegetables. Fry that all together for 1-2 mins, stirring occasionally, then add the stock (or dissolve a Maggie cube in some water) and some 2-3 cups of water to the veggies . Season with Bay leaves, Pepper balls, nutmeg and salt. Keep it on high heat till it boils up, then keep it for ½h to 1h, for the flavours to come out, on medium flame. You can add in some noodles 10 mins before serving. Enjoy hot!