Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe
Quick and easy, creamy, vegetarian butternut squash risotto with wine and Parmigiano parmesan.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time28 mins
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- ½ cup Wine white wine or rose
- 3 cups Stock veg or chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme dried or fresh
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Melt the butter in a pot and add in your roasted butternut squash and rice. Stir cook over medium heat for a minute.
Deglaze with the wine by pouring the wine over the rice and squash in the pot. Mix a bit and keep over medium heat.
Pour some of the stock (not all at once) over the rice and squash and mix.
Season with salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic, and onion powder and combine.
Allow the rice to cook and add more stock every few minutes. That way the risotto will get creamy, cook and expand. Repeat the process and use up all your stock.
Add the grated Parmigiano parmesan into your risotto and combine.
Serve hot with some grated parmesan.
- Don't over mix your risotto because over mixing it can make your risotto less creamy. And don't over cook it. Risotto is usualy cooked al dente, but I like mine a bit more done.
Calories: 409.22kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.75g | Protein: 8.09g | Fat: 10.14g | Saturated Fat: 6.27g | Cholesterol: 25.73mg | Sodium: 1920.71mg | Potassium: 254.53mg | Fiber: 2.99g | Sugar: 3.47g | Vitamin A: 5791.21IU | Vitamin C: 10.87mg | Calcium: 121.07mg | Iron: 3.48mg