Homemade Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
Homemade Hawaiian Pizza with pineapple chunks and ham. It can't get better than that!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time42 mins
Servings: 12 slices
For the dough:
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 packet Yeast 2 ¼ Teaspoon
- pinch Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Oil optional
- ¾ cup Water luke warm
For the topping:
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- pinch Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning or Pizza Seasoning
- 1.7 ounces Ham
- 3.5 ounces Pineapple chunks
- 3.5 ounces Cheese grated
To make the pizza dough add the flour, yeast, and salt into a mixing bowl and blend the dry ingredients. Make a small well into the center of the flour mixture and add the oil and warm water.
Mix the whole content and place it onto a working surface. Now work out your dough with some extra flour so that the ingredients are well incorporated and you should have a smooth nonsticky dough at the end. Or use a kitchen machine to help you out.
Make a ball and place it back into the mixing bowl, sprinkle some flour equally on top and cover with a cloth. Leave your dough to rise for a few hours until double in size.
Take out your big fat dough and work it out shortly with your clean hands and some flour. Then roll or stretch out the dough into a thin roundish pizza base.
Preheat your kitchen oven or BBQ with Pizza stone to 430° Fahrenheit or 220° Celsius.
Top the pizza dough with the Tomato Paste and spread it out.
Season with salt and Italian or pizza seasoning.
Place the ham, pineapple chunks over the pizza crust and generously cover with cheese.
Bake the pizza in the oven at 430° Fahrenheit or 220° Celsius for about 12 minutes or in the BBQ covered for 5-8 minutes until you have a baked crust.
Cut pizza slices and enjoy still warm.
- Pizza measurements equal one large pizza or two smaller pizza (as shown in the image) or 12 slices.
- You can add olive oil to the dough. It helps to stretch and gives the dough flexibility.
- Keep in mind that the longer the dough rises the fluffier and better the crust will turn out.
- Choose a cheese that melts. I like to use mozzarella, Emmenthal, cheddar amongst others.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 164IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg