Vegan Tikka Masala Sauce Recipe
Homemade Tikka Masala Sauce with cashews that comes together within 5 minutes! Plus point: it's healthier and vegan.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Cashews whole
- 1 large Onion
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger + Garlic *see Notes
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper or Cayenne, ground
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder ground
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon or Cassia, ground
Place the cashews into a large blender jar with the peeled and quartered onion, the tomato, ginger + garlic, and the spices. all ingredients into the jar.
Blend everything to a smooth paste. If the blender is struggling, add 2-3 Tablespoons of water to help get going.
Use the tikka masala sauce to prepare a tofu tikka masala or another tikka masala dish. You can also freeze it (please see post for instructions).
- Use fresh Ginger and Garlic (1 Tbs if chopped fine) with a ratio of 1:2 or use ready-made Ginger and garlic paste
- The Cashews can be substitutes with peeled almonds. However, that completely changes the taste and velvety consistency.
- Use a powerful blender such as a Vitamix for the smoothes result.
- The recipe is without artificial red food coloring. If you want your tikka masala red (just like the store bought stuff), add red food coloring.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 434mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10.2% | Vitamin C: 14.7% | Calcium: 3.5% | Iron: 16.8%