Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad Recipe
Mexican style corn black bean salad with a light dressing. I enhanced my salad dressing with some Mexican seasoning, this adds some spicy flavors to your salad and it's optional.
Servings: 6 servings
- 9 ounces Black Beans ~ 1 can drained
- 9 ounces Sweet Corn ~ 1 can drained
- 1 small Red Onion sliced
- 1 Avocado cut into pieces
- 3 medium Tomatoes quartered
- Jalapeno slices (optional) *see Notes
Keep all the ingredients ready. Make sure the black beans and corn are soft and can be consumed. Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
Mix together the dressing ingredients.
Keep the salad and dressing in the fridge until serving time. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving up the Mexican black bean corn salad.
- I use Pickled Jalapenos because they add flavor to the salad and they are less likely to be super hot. You can also add fresh jalapeno pepper slices (but it's going to be hot!)
- Use canned black beans and corn or dried black beans cooked soft and cooked corn.
- The Mexican Seasoning is optional and can add flavor to your salad.
- Servings are calculated as small portions
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 584mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 13.5% | Vitamin C: 20.6% | Calcium: 2.6% | Iron: 8.5%