Chinese Szechuan Dry Fried Green Beans Recipe
Asian green beans stir-fried with a quick sauce, ginger, and spicy Szechuan peppercorn. Try this Chinese side dish with fried rice and Szechuan beef.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 servings
For the Chinese Stir Fry Sauce:
To stir fry:
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 clove Garlic cut roughly
- 1/2 inch Ginger cut into slices
- 4 piece Szechuan Peppercorn
- 7 ounces Green Beans with ends cuts off
First mix together all the stir fry sauce ingredients. That includes sugar, Chinese cooking wine, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Keep aside for later.
Heat up a large shallow pan or wok and add the oil. One tablespoon is enough because we will dry fry the green beans.
Add the sliced ginger and cut garlic to the pan, as well as the Szechuan pepper seeds and stir fry on high heat for a minute.
Continue to add in the green beans and stir cook for a minute.
Now pour the stir fry sauce over the green beans while keeping everything on high to medium heat and quickly stir fry everything so that the flavor are incorporated.
Continue to stir cook on high heat for about 8 minutes or until the beans are cooked through.
Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds and serve still hot.
- It's important that you keep the sauce ready and the green beans cleaned, and with the ends trimmed, because you will be working very quickly during the stir fry process.
- I like to use white and black sesame seeds as a garnish contrast. You can use both or either one.
- If you want to keep it less spicy, reduce or omit the red pepper flakes
- DOn't omit the Szechuan pepper in the recipe, they give a lot of flavors. You can reduce if you like but I don't think they are spicy hot.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.1mg