Easy Hot and Sour Soup with Noodles and Sweet Corn Recipe
Easy One-pot healthy hot and sour Asian soup with noodles, sweet corn, and leeks. Super delicious and you can customize it to your needs to adding other veggies (see suggestions in the post)
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/3 of a Leek roughly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet Corn
- 2 Button Mushroom sliced
- 4 cups Water mixed with concentrated Stock
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg grated
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Veg Fish Sauce *see Notes
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 2.65 ounces Noodles *see Notes
- 1 Lime Juice
- Cilantro aka Coriander, garnish
Heat up a shallow pan, add the oil.
Throw in the cut leek and fry soft for 2 minutes.
Add the sweet corn and mushroom. Stir and mix well.
Pour in the broth mixed with water.
Season with nutmeg, black pepper, chili flakes, brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, vinegar.
Mix the whole content well and let it cook covered until the sweet corn is getting soft. This might take 10 minutes.
At the end add the noodles and cook those soft for another 5 minutes uncovered.
Remove from heat and pour in the lime juice. Mix the soup well and serve hot.
- Use regular Fish Sauce if you are not a vegetarian. Here is a recipe for homemade vegetarian fish sauce.
- You can use regular lo mein yakisoba style Chinese egg wheat noodles or even Japanese Ramen noodles. For Gluten-free or low carb use rice noodles or buckwheat soba noodles.
- See in the post on how you can customize the choice of vegetables to your liking.
Serving: 592g | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 2442mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1660IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.5mg