Quick Haluski Recipe
This is a quick Haluski (Cabbage and noodles with bacon) which I picked up from a Slovak cook back when I was working in a hotel. This was our staff food because the dish comes together really quickly, it's delicious and you can adjust it to your liking.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 1/3 cups Bow Tie Pasta Farfalle Pasta, cooked *see Notes
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1/4 cup Bacon raw, sliced small
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Cabbage shredded
- Salt to taste
Cook the Pasta according to packet instructions.
Heat up a pan and melt the butter
Add in the sliced onions and the bacon. Mix and stir cook occasionally. The onion should be soft and the bacon fats should melt and get a bit crispy or at least cooked.
Throw in the Black Pepper and mix.
Now, add the shredded raw cabbage and mix well. Cook until the cabbage gets soft
Season with Salt to taste and add the pasta as well.
Mix everything thoroughly and serve hot.
- You can choose whichever pasta variety you like for this recipe. It's not an authentic halusky recipe, that's why you have space to play around!
- Uncooked dry pasta measurements: 250 grams or 8.8 ounces
Serving: 279g | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8% | Vitamin C: 28.2% | Calcium: 6.1% | Iron: 11.4%