5-Minute Thai Yellow Curry Paste Recipe
Aromatic basic Thai yellow Curry paste to prepare flavorful easy Thai yellow curry meals! Make this 5 min paste, store the paste in the fridge and use it to create delicious Thai curries in less than 20 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 Tablespoons of Paste
- 5-10 red dried Chili Peppers *see Notes
- 5 Shallots
- 2- inch Galangal
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 full bulb Garlic
- 2 inch white fresh Lemongrass stem
- 2 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Seed Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Shrimp Paste optional
Place your dried chilies without stem into the water to soak until somewhat soft.
Keep all your fresh ingredients ready. Peel and roughly cut shallots, galangal, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass.
Place all the ingredients into the food processor or blender jar, that means from the strained chilies to the shrimp paste.
Blend all the ingredients to a smooth wet paste. Do not add water! Water reduces the shelf life of the Thai yellow curry paste.
Store the yellow curry paste in a jar, airtight container or vacuum bag in the fridge or freezer until further use.
- Pick red, or even better yellow, Chili peppers. They can be Thai varieties, hot or mild, this is up to you.
- Use a Curry blend that you like. Can be a Thai, Java, Indian, British or German Curry powder blend, it doesn't really matter. What is important is that you like the smell of it. The paste should taste great and suite your taste preferences after all.
- You can add Shrimp paste, it's optional. Skip the shrimp paste to turn this Thai yellow curry paste vegan.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.6mg