Clear Bok Choy Soup Recipe
Healthier Clear Bok Choy Soup, stuffed with gorgeous Asian flavors. Comes together easy in one-pan and quickly as well! Learn how to enjoy this wonderful Chinese vegetable. Bok Choy is stuffed with fibers and this is good for your health! Low-carb and low-calorie meal.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time19 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- Sesame Seeds or Sesame Oil to garnish optional
- Red Pepper Flakes to garnish optional
Separate the bok choy leaves and wash them well. Mud tends to get stick between the stem.
Slice your bok choy leaves and keep aside.
Slice your green onions as well. Keep the white bulb slices and green stalk separate. We will use the green stalk slices as a garnish.
Heat up a pan with the oil and fry your green onion bulbs soft.
Reduce the heat and add the ginger garlic. Careful, if you use the paste, it can splatter. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the bok choy to the pan and cook for a minute.
Then throw in the star anise, bay leaf, and cinnamon stick.
Pour the stock into the pot over the spices and bok choy.
Season with soy sauce and vinegar.
Mix everything, bring to a boil and let the soup cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Take form the heat and pour the lime juice into the soup. Mix it all well.
Pick out your whole spices, the cinnamon bay leaf and star anise. Discard the spices.
Serve the soup hot garnished with the green onion stalks, red pepper flakes and/or sesame seeds/oil.
- Use Ginger Garlic Paste as it blends into the soup or as alternative chopped fine fresh ginger and garlic with a ratio of 1:2
- Stock can be liquid or in cubes. Just mix it with the water. I tend to use vegetable broth but you can pick chicken or beef broth if you prefer. Use homemade stock for the best flavor experience or just the commercially available version.
- Use Rice Vinegar or other mild vinegar variations such as a mild regular white vinegar.
Serving: 538g | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 2880mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 58.7% | Vitamin C: 27.3% | Calcium: 6.3% | Iron: 5.6%