These are savory crunchy small Madeleine Cookies with chorizo sausage. Great party food or little flavorful snack to enjoy during movie night!
Here is the Recipe for sweet french Madeleine cakes.
Now the awesome things about these Madeleine cookies is that they are mini savory Madeleine cookies appetizer and they are super quick and easy to make.
The Madeleine cookie recipe will come handy when you want to surprise your announced guests but you are short on time.
That’s when you whip up a quick dough, mix in the sausage and bake it for exactly 9 mins in the oven. Sounds great right?
Besides that, I enjoy these Madeleine cookies with a Whiskey or Brandy as an Aperitif snack.
These little Madeleine shell-shaped cookies are stuffed with flavorful Chorizo sausage!
Chorizo is a very popular sausage delicacy around the world and there are different version of Chorizo which are prepared in countries such as Portugal, Spain, and their former colonies.
Yet you can use any chorizo, non-spicy or super hot, pork or beef meat, to prepare these amazing tasty savory Madeleine shell-shaped cookies!
The choice is up to you. I love to use this hot chorizo variation from Spain.
Make sure to cut the sausage into small pieces so that the cookie doesn’t crumble later on.
It also tastes better cut small because the cookie tends to be more evenly flavored and cooked with the fats of the sausage.
To make these Madeleine cookies you will need a smaller variation of the Madeleine baking molds.
More Sausage Recipe Ideas:
Dear Reader, what chorizo type are you planning to use to try these madeleine cookies?Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Savory Madeleine Cookies with Chorizo Sausage Recipe
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 small Onion
- 3.5 ounces Chorizo Sausage
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix it well.
- Make a well in the center and add the Egg as well as the milk
- Mix the content well. Keep aside.
- Chop your Onion, keep aside.
- Cut your sausage into small tiny pieces.
- Heat up a pan with the butter and fry the onion and sausage for a short while.The onions should be translucent and the sausage done when finished frying.
- Allow the onion and sausage to cool, then add to the dough and mix in well.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celcius.
- Keep your Madeleine molds ready, you won't need to butter them since the dough will be oily enough due to the sausage.
- Fill in your dough and place the filled madeleine molds into the oven and bake at 350° Fahrenheit/ 180° Celcius for about 9-10 minutes or until the Madeleine's are baked through. *see Notes
- Enjoy as a snack or little party appetizer.
- I use special small size madeleine shapes, not the regular common madeleine shapes, to make cookies. It’s better to use these special small-sized shapes to make these cookies crispy. They serve better that way with alcoholic drinks.
- The baking time depends on the size of the madeleine shape. Bake for 16-18 minutes the same temperature if you are going to use regular large-sized madeleine shapes.
- You can use Beef or Pork Chorizo, spicy or not spicy.
- Serving size nutritioun calculated per cookie.