These are savory crunchy small Madeleine Cookies with chorizo sausage. Great party food or little flavorful snack to enjoy during movie night!
Here is the Recipe for sweet french Madeleine cakes.
Now the awesome things about these Madeleine cookies is that they are mini savory Madeleine cookies appetizer and they are super quick and easy to make.
The Madeleine cookie recipe will come handy when you want to surprise your announced guests but you are short on time. That’s when you whip up a quick dough, mix in the sausage and bake it for exactly 9 mins in the oven. Sounds great right?
Besides that, I enjoy these Madeleine cookies with a Whiskey or Brandy as an Aperitif snack.
These little Madeleine shell-shaped cookies are stuffed with flavorful Chorizo sausage!
Chorizo is a very popular sausage delicacy around the world and there are different version of Chorizo which are prepared in countries such as Portugal, Spain, and their former colonies.
Yet you can use any chorizo, non-spicy or super hot, pork or beef meat, to prepare these amazing tasty savory Madeleine shell-shaped cookies! The choice is up to you. I love to use this hot chorizo variation from Spain.
Make sure to cut the sausage into small pieces so that the cookie doesn’t crumble later on. It also tastes better cut small because the cookie tends to be more evenly flavored and cooked with the fats of the sausage.
To make these Madeleine cookies you will need a smaller variation of the Madeleine baking molds.
More Sausage Recipe Ideas:
Savory Madeleine Cookies with Chorizo Sausage Recipe below:
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces or ⅚ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter + 1 more Tablespoon for frying Onion
- 1 small Onion
- 100 grams Chorizo Sausage
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix it well.
- Make a well in the center and add the Egg.
- Melt Butter in a separate bowl and add the milk to it. Pour the milk-butter mixture into the big mixing bowl containing the flour and egg.
- Mix the content well. Keep aside
- Chop your Onion, keep aside.
- Cut your sausage into small pieces with the fats.
- In a hot pan add the remaining Butter and fry the onion and sausage for a short while.The onions should be translucent and the sausage done when finished frying.
- Allow the onion and sausage to cool, then add to the dough and mix in well.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celcius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Keep your Madeleine molds ready, you won't need to butter them since the dough will be oily enough due to the sausage. Fill in your dough and place the filled madeleine molds into the oven at 180 Celcius/350 Fahrenheit for 9 minutes or until the Madeleine's are baked through.
- aligncenter size-full wp-image-4187" />
- Enjoy as a snack or little party appetizer.
2. Serving size nutritioun calculated per cookie.
Dear Reader, what chorizo type are you planning to use to try these madeleine cookies?
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section further below!
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad Recipe - April 24, 2019
- Mexican Seasoning – Taco Seasoning Recipe Spice Blend [DIY] - April 23, 2019
- Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe [Copycat] - April 19, 2019