Make the Pan-Fried Salmon in white wine sauce with Tagliatelle on a weeknight when you are craving something different but utterly delicious. The Pasta dish is quick recreated in 30 minutes and best enjoyed, of course, with a glass of white wine or even rose wine.
Learn how to make the pan-fried Salmon in white wine sauce with tagliatelle pasta recipe further below with the step by step photo instructions.
The salmon fish, from the Northern cold countries, enjoys an excellent reputation in Europe. In India, salmon is still a luxurious commodity and can be rarely found in stores. While Europeans get to enjoy smoked salmon slices and fresh salmon fillet, India gets to spend the double for a highly frozen piece of salmon fish meat. And in India fresh fish is usually a top priority, or so it seems in traditional houses in coastline states such as Goa, Kerala and West Bengal.
Therefore, it is quite a shame that people in tropical India don’t get to know the beauty of a gorgeous flaky piece of cooked salmon in dishes such as salmon with hollandaise sauce or salmon tagliatelle.
Frequently I was tempted to buy one of those overly frozen 200 gram a piece salmon fillet, just so that I could share my passion for this beautiful fish with my fish loving Goan friends. This Pan-Fried Salmon in White Wine Sauce with Tagliatelle is the best way for you to get to know salmon fish if you have never tried it before but of course it’s a welcome delicacy too for a salmon lover as myself.
I long for salmon at least once every month, it’s one of my favorite fish and food ingredients. So, when I get around fresh salmon fillet or smoked salmon, I tend to enjoy it as soon as possible. My recent obsession has been, admittedly, this Pan-Fried Salmon in White Wine Sauce with Tagliatelle. I love this dish too in the worst Indian summer heat!
In this recipe, cook the gorgeous fillet pieces separately with the onion rings first, afterwards, once the salmon is seasoned and cooked on both sides, add the white wine, cream and lemon to create a sauce.
You will cook the tagliatelle separately, while preparing the salmon and the flavorful sauce. It’s that simple and also time saving. See the printable recipe further down with the step by step pictures.
Before you run into the kitchen and prepare this dish, check out these useful tips to avoid the 6 biggest mistakes people make when cooking salmon. These should come handy. 😉
30 Minutes Pan-Fried Salmon in White Wine Sauce with Tagliatelle Pasta Recipe below:
- 12 Tagliatelle nests
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium Onions (100 grams)
- 1 kilogram fresh Salmon fillets with skin (6 piece)
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Pizza Seasoning (optional) or substitute with dried Oregano
- 200 milliliter White Wine or 1 cup
- 4-5 Tablespoons fresh Cream
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 6 Cocktail Tomatoes (100 grams)
- Cook the Tagliatelle according to package instructions or until al dente. I used normal and green (spinach colored) Tagliatelle mixed.
- Slice your Onions into rings and fry short for a minute with the Oil in a pan. Then place the clean salmon fillet onto the onion rings.
- Season with salt, pepper and pizza seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, then turn the salmon fillet, cook for another 5 minutes. Then pour in the white wine.
- Continue to add in the fresh cream, mix and then add the lemon juice. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cut your cocktail tomatoes into wedges and serve/top your pasta and salmon fillet with the tomatoes.
More Mediterranean dishes ?:
- Simple Caprese Salad
- Greek Salad
- Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Pizza dough to make thin crust Pizza
- Ratatouille – South french vegetable dish
- Savory Carrot, Olive, Anchovy, Sun dried Tomato cake
Amazing seafood for the love of the sea ?:
- Salmon en Papillot – Parchment braised salmon with herb butter
- Surimi Salad with Curry Mayo Dressing
- Making Sushi Rolls
- Savory Crepes with Hollandaise Broccoli and Prawns
- Indian Style Pasta with Prawns
- Goan Prawn Curry
- Bombay Duck Fish preparation
- Goan Para Fish preparation
- Singapore noodles with Prawns
- Goan Fish Curry Rice with Mackerel Recheado fry
Dear Reader, what’s your favorite way to eat salmon fish?
Get FREE Recipes via Email:
Don’t miss a recipe, Subscribe to the Masala Herb Newsletter!
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Ajanta Caves – The Lost World – Breathtaking Ancient Indian Paintings & Sculptures - May 27, 2017
- Road Trip Goa to Himachal, Manali – Travel Route planning Guide Checklist for Adventure trip to Himalayas India - May 25, 2017
- 21 Food & Drink Ideas to beat the Steaming Hot Summer in India - May 13, 2017