I absolutely adores golden crisp baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes and this recipe, which includes coconut and chili flakes, was featured in a magazine in Europe in spring 2014.
The chicken drumsticks are perfectly cooked and the chili and coconut give it a slight Indian touch to the baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes. Best enjoyed with the sweet and sour Papaya dip.
Get the recipe further below with the step by step instructions:
Some dishes that I made up in the last few years did take me a while to create, others on the hand where instant ideas that were well received.
Take for example the Lemon Pasta Sauce Recipe and the Rice patties Recipe with Carrots and Cheese, both took a few weeks until I could say,”yes it’ a winner!”. You should see the amount of time I invest in trying new dishes, you would be shocked!
Definitely not an activity that is helping me save time but I like doing it and I have to admit I learned a whole lots about ingredient flavors and textures by just trying around.
I save you some trouble as well by coming up with the best that my small “kitchen” has to offer, keeping in mind as well to use fresh locally available ingredients and developing simple time saving dishes, because we are all busy bees in this world, right?
The Baked chicken drumsticks with corn flakes coconut and chili flakes however came to life rather fast and thank god for it!
The husband was in a rather bored mood the day when I made them the first time. The rains were in full swing and it was quite dull outside. As you know, my husband isn’t much of a food lover, it’s more of a necessity for him, so food doesn’t really lift up his spirits.
I presented him the baked chicken drumsticks with cornflakes and then I heard… “Hey, you should make that more often and the sauce too, they are both killer!” In that moment my heart quietly jumped up and the tiny smile appeared on my face while thinking “Got him!”. It’s always a success if I can satisfy his taste preferences.
The Coconut gives the coating a lovely neat texture and it goes well with the crushed corn flakes and chili flakes. In fact if you like Indian food, you will love these golden baked chicken drumstick with cornflakes, coconut and chili flakes.
Golden Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Corn Flakes Coconut and Chili Flakes:
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 80 grams crushed Corn Flakes or almost 1 cup
- 1 flat Tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons dried scraped Coconut
- 1 small Egg
- dash Olive Oil
- Rinse your chicken drumsticks, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius!
- In a mixing bowl (or soup plate) combine the crushed corn flakes, chili flakes and dried scraped coconut.
- Scramble the egg in another bowl with a fork.
- Take a chicken drumstick and first cover it with the egg and then continue to drag it through the cornflakes, chili coconut mixture. The chicken drumstick should be well covered with the crumbs mixture. Do the same with the remaining chicken drumsticks and place them into a baking mold.
- Sprinkle the cornflakes drumsticks with a dash of Olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or 1 hour, until crisp and cooked inside. Poke into the meat with a knife to check if it's done, if it's still pink then the chicken drusmticks need some more baking time.
- Best served with a salad, french fries, rice or as a little snack in between.
More spicy Chicken Recipes for the hungry among us!
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Goan Chicken Cafreal
- Butter Chicken
- Goan chicken curry with coconut milk
- Chicken Tikka – bonesless dry tandoori baked chicken
- Chicken Korma
Indian fusion meals:
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Couscous Paneer Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Spicy Vegetarian Mushroom Pizza
- Ridge Gourd Bake
- Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche
- Almond and Coriander Pesto for Pasta
- Indian Style Pasta with Prawns
Dear reader, do you like experimenting with food recipes from different cultures?
Get FREE Recipes via Email:
Don’t miss a recipe, Subscribe to the Masala Herb Newsletter!
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- 30 Minutes Pan-Fried Salmon in White Wine Sauce with Tagliatelle Pasta Recipe - March 28, 2017
- Fragrant Rice Recipe with Clove – Easy Aromatic Rice Side Dish – How to make fragrant rice - March 24, 2017
- Simple Caprese Salad – Italian Tomato Mozzarella Basil Olive Oil Insalate – How to make Caprese Salad - March 23, 2017