Sometimes we tend to feel more inspired in our kitchen. All this depends if our mood swings lie in the positive, if we are happy or at peace with the surrounding. Of course we are just humans and without experiencing “rain”, we wouldn’t enjoy the sunny days the way we do. So when I feel inspired, my cooking goes all the way as you can see today again with this new stuffed eggs tomato sauce bake. I wasn’t sure if I should call it a saucy deviled eggs bake, anyway the name doesn’t matter that much. What matters is that a little spark of light, so to say some bright eggs bake, might be able to cheer you up after a long day.
It’s another quick recipe! But that’s not the only perk here. It’s flavorsome, creative, comforting, inviting and you can adjust the flavors to your liking by picking your favorite tomato sauce or the one you have at hand. I chose my recently posted spicy tomato sauce for this purpose because it makes my husband happy.
I stuffed the eggs with some delicious raclette cheese, but I have prepared this recipe previously with cheddar cheese as well. Sometimes I use basil as garnish or coriander if I have some at hand. As you can see, you can make this dish your own and that should make things easier. You can also add some oregano if you like it more Mediterranean, it’s up to you.
This stuffed eggs tomato sauce bake comes at a right time for some of us since Easter is coming closer. That explains too why I have been craving eggs lately! Have you been craving eggs too? Here in Goa, we are about to relive the scorching hot summer again and before it gets too hot to use the oven at home, I thought I would better share recipes like that now, because soon you will hear me crying and complaining again. I will try to keep it down this year for our sake and instead I will focus on sharing some cooling food treats. Do you know a summer dish which you would like to see here in the months to come?
- 4 boiled Eggs
- 400 milliliter Tomato Sauce flavored (I used this spicy tomato sauce)
- 30 grams Cheese (Raclette or Cheddar will do)
- 4 Tablespoons Cream
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- dash Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius.
- Cut your boiled Eggs into half and take out the egg yolks and place into a bowl.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a fire proof baking mold and arrange the egg halves on top.
- Add to the egg yolk, grated cheese, the cream and season with salt and pepper. Mix the whole content to a smooth paste.
- Fill your Egg whites with the egg yolk stuffing and drizzle with some olive oil before placing it into the oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 180 Celsius.
I usually serve this stuffed eggs tomato sauce bake with little squares of…. That’s a surprise and I will be posting it on Sunday, so keep tuned!
Shop now at Masala Herb!
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Basic Goan Curry Paste | How to make Goan Curry Paste | Indian Paste Recipe for Goan Fish Curry - February 23, 2017
- Masala Herb Recipe Videos – Youtube Channel - February 23, 2017
- Golden Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Corn Flakes Coconut and Chili Flakes - February 20, 2017