A few days ago I shared my “top secret” Spicy tomato sauce recipe and today I prepared this spicy vegetarian mushroom pizza for you. Again a mushroom pizza? Yes again, just that this time it’s a regular size pizza, it’s hot and the spicy pizza is more like a TV dinner comfort food then a party snack. I was inspired to make this pizza because…. Can you guess it? Of course, because my husband likes his food rather spicy and he enjoys western dishes with an Indian twist. Do you feel the same way about food?
My husband likes to get pizza from a certain franchise, who I’d rather not “out” here, because I hate the pizzas there. This particular franchise has adapted to the Indian taste preferences and created a load of Indian themed pizzas. Great admirable idea but… the pizzas taste artificial and completely crap. In fact it’s so bad, I can’t even swallow a bite full and I just don’t understand how somebody can mess up something that is so easily made and which everybody loves! And to make it all worse, the prices are just unreal and that’s the biggest joke ever, if you consider the miserable quality of the food. However, all this somehow didn’t stop young Indians going there, including my husband apparently, and buying loads of pizzas in little square boxes. I don’t blame them, there isn’t much choice down here in Goa at 2 am in the morning…
Not that I baked this pizza at 2 am in the morning, but I do make this spicy vegetarian mushroom pizza occasionally at home. Another reason why my oven is a blessing! Your plus points in making this pizza from scratch instead of running to a pizza take away are…
- You can adjust the flavors – more or less heat
- You know what’s in your pizza
- You can use left over veggies from the previous day – conscious saving and no food waste!
- Your home will smell comfortably good when the pizza is in the oven
- You will save money
- Making Pizza is super easy
and at last…
- making pizza is fun!
I really want to motivate more people in my surrounding to bake fresh pizza because let’s just face it, it’s a brilliant food invention. By the way my husband stopped running to this particular franchise since we got a convenient oven at home and I can bake delicious food treats. At first my husband didn’t see the plus points in getting an oven, if you would ask him nowadays, he would never give our oven away and I am pretty positive that he would be saddened if our beloved oven would crash. Thus the power of homemade baked food in the oven. =D
- Make the Pizza dough as instructed here.
- Preheat your oven to 220 Celsius!
- Roll out your dough to a round or square shape and add the spicy tomato sauce on top. Spread a layer of the spicy tomato sauce equally and season with pizza seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to top the pizza with the mushroom and chili (or green capsicum for less heat).
- Top the pizza with the grated cheese or preferably with the fresh buffalo mozzarella slices. Drizzle a dash of olive oil equally onto the pizza.
- Bake the spicy vegetarian mushroom pizza in the oven at 220 Celsius for 12-14 minutes.
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- 62 Indian Food Recipes you should try! - December 1, 2016
- Lebkuchen Recipe – Gingerbread Cookies from Germany & Austria - November 29, 2016
- Easy Pineapple Fried Rice – Indian Style Vegetarian Recipe - November 28, 2016