Mushroom and Pea Pulao

by Helene Dsouza on November 24, 2013

Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying a peaceful weekend after a busy week. We have been getting ready for the Tourist season and that’s one excuse for my prolonged repeated absence. I definitely have some surprises coming up in the next weeks and months, so you will be compensated for the wait with some great changes here. In the mean time today I got together with my friend Lizzy from Bizzy Lizzy’s good things.

Lizzy is sharing my mushroom and pea pulao on her gorgeous page after having invited me on her blog. Bizzy Lizzy’s good things is a collection of food related essays and reminiscences in addition to mouth watering recipes and pictures from Lizzy’s kitchen in Australia. The talented food writer is known as a busy lady but lately my friend hasn’t been feeling too well so naturally I was honored when Lizzy asked me to guest post to help her out.

I came across Lizzy’s food paradise via the talent scouting Maureen from the Orgasmic Chef. Maureen even had a chance to get hold of the buzzy Lizzy and interviewed her at Food Writer friday, which you can read here.

Mushroom and Pea Pulao

To get the Mushroom and Pea Pulao Recipe follow the link.

To read more about Bussy Lizzy’s Good things read here.

and…

To subscribe for free to Lizzy’s mouthwatering posts click here.

Facebook0Twitter42Google+4Pinterest88StumbleUpon0bufferEmail

Ramona

Lovely pulao!! Going to go check out the recipe. :)
Ramona recently posted..Curry and Comfort’s Weekly Sunday Summary 11/18/13 thru 11/24/13My Profile

John@Kitchen Riffs

Looks lovely! On my way to check it out now . . .
John@Kitchen Riffs recently posted..Spicy Roast ChickpeasMy Profile

Lizzy (Good Things)

Dearest Helene, thank you for your very kind words, my friend. It is my pleasure and my honour to welcome you to Good Things and I genuinely appreciate you stepping in with a guest post and beautiful recipe for me at a time when I have been unwell xox
Lizzy (Good Things) recently posted..Mushroom and Pea Pulao and a guest post with Helene DsouzaMy Profile

Betsy @ Desserts Required

Helene, Lizzy chose wisely when she asked you to help out! Great recipe!!
Betsy @ Desserts Required recently posted..Apple Cheesecake with Cinnamon Shortbread Cookie CrustMy Profile

Choc Chip Uru

I love pulao my favourite lunch or breakfast… or snack ;)
Yours looks awesome!

CCU
Choc Chip Uru recently posted..CCU Undercover: Four Friends – Coffee, Chocolate & TeaMy Profile

I saw this over at Lizzy’s place. This is a recipe I can embrace with my whole being. I really like this stuff.
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef recently posted..3 Delicious Lunch Ideas For the Lazy ManMy Profile

Minnie@thelady8home

Nothing like some good ol peas pulao to go with some dry chicken curry. Yumm!
Minnie@thelady8home recently posted..Nibble and toastMy Profile

mjskit

I love Lizzy! Sorry to hear that she isn’t feeling well. Headed over to check out the recipe for this delicious looking Pulao.
mjskit recently posted..Multigrain Sandwich BreadMy Profile

Ash-foodfashionparty

Thanks for introducing Lizzy, will check out her blog and hope she feels better soon.
The pulao looks so good, a staple for a Indian household, love it.
Enjoy and Have a great week my dear.
Ash-foodfashionparty recently posted..CARDAMOM PUMPKIN HALWA with ALMOND CREAM TRIFLEMy Profile

Charles Smith

Damn, how do you get the rice so fluffy! Ok, of course I’ll check out the recipe (I hope you will share some tips there…) – rice is my nemesis. Rare is the time that I’m able to do perfectly cooked rice!
Charles Smith recently posted..Normandy Pear Pie – or is it?My Profile

Hi Charles! You know my rice is often sticky because I love sticky rice but my husband of course sees it as a sin so I try to not over cook the rice. Also another tip is to drain the rice properly, oh and use quality rice. Of course it depends too which rice type you cook. A tip that I learned on justonecookbook.com for sushi rice is to wash the rice a couple of times until all the hazy starch has come out. The same principe can be applied on other peeled rice types and it helps to fight the sticking. When making the Pulao you add some kind of fats which in turn will keep your rice dish easily fluffy. :)