Some dishes that I made up in the past did take me a while to create, others on the hand where instant ideas that were well received. Take for example the Lemon Pasta Sauce Recipe and the Rice patties Recipe with Carrots and Cheese, both took a few weeks until I could say,”yes that’s perfect and presentable!”. You should see the amount of time I invest in trying new dishes, you would be shocked! Definitely not an activity that is helping me save time but I like doing it and I have to admit I learned a whole lots about ingredient flavors and textures by just trying around. I save you some trouble as well by coming up with the best that my small mini “kitchen” has to offer, keeping in mind as well to use fresh locally available ingredients and developing simple time saving dishes, because we are all busy bees in this world, right? The Baked chicken legs covered with corn flakes coconut and chili flakes however came to life rather fast and thank god for it!
The husband was in a rather bored mood the day when I made them the first time. The rains were in full swing and it was quite dull outside. As you know, my husband isn’t much of a food lover, it’s more of a necessity for him, so food doesn’t really lift up his spirits. I presented him the baked chicken legs of course without much fuss, because if I do that he looses interest, and I ignored him picking around in his food until I heard… “Hey, you should make that more often and the sauce too, they are both killer!” In that moment my heart quietly jumped up and the tiny smile appeared on my face while thinking “Got him!”. It’s always a success if I can satisfy his taste preferences.
So maybe I should have called this dish “the men chicken legs” instead because I gave some more to try to some friends and the boys had a blast while the girls preferred other dishes. Maybe it’s because they are a bit spicy with the Chili Flakes or maybe it’s just that chicken legs can be messy and we girls do take care of our nails, right ladies? The Coconut gives the coating a lovely neat texture and it goes well with the crushed corn and chili flakes. The Sauce on the other hand is going to be shared here in the coming days, so if you don’t want to miss it then you might want to subscribe to the free Newsletter.
Do you cook dishes at home which one could call typical Man Food? Feel free to share your experience with us in a comment.
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 80 grams crushed Corn Flakes
- 1 flat Tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons dried scraped Coconut
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 small Egg
- dash Olive Oil
- If you have chicken legs with thighs, then just separate the 2 buy cutting off the thighs and keep those aside for another day. Rinse your Chicken legs and pat dry. Keep aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius!
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients, crushed corn flakes, dried scraped coconut, salt and pepper.
- Break the egg into another bold and mix it quickly.
- Take a chicken leg and first cover it with the egg and then continue to drag it through the cornflakes coconut mixture. The chicken leg should be well covered with the crumbs mixture. Do the same with the remaining chicken legs and place them into a baking mold.
- Sprinkle the cornflakes covered chicken legs with a dash of Olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or 1 hours until crisp and cooked inside. Poke into the meat with a knife to check if it’s done, if it’s still pink then the chicken legs need some more baking time.
Also, just to remind you… the Masala Herb Survey is going on, so if you haven’t grasped the chance yet to let me know what you like here and what not, then I would like you to just spare 3 minutes of your time and share with me your point of view. Your voice counts so that I can turn Masala Herb into a better online space! Thank you!
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Easy Butter Chicken Recipe – Murgh Makhani - December 6, 2013
- Homemade Coconut Milk – How to make Coconut milk from scratch - December 3, 2013
- Christmas Cookie Collection 2013 - November 29, 2013