A blanket of smooth, velvet like cream cheese and a good bread, I could live on that! ok I am exaggerating but I don’t mind indulging some flavorful cream cheese frequently and good bread is any way a daily must. Unfortunately both isn’t that easily found here in Goa. Alright at least they have bread here, you are right! When I traveled the north I hadn’t found anybody selling a decent bread and I am not talking about the cities here but more of the touristic sites. Anyway let’s not jump away from the topic, I can tell you some more Indian adventurous another time. Today I gave my soul to the devil in exchange for a brilliant spicy cream cheese recipe!
Better knock on wood at this point, I was just joking! My path of course didn’t cross the devil’s but it could have, because I couldn’t stop indulging the spicy cream cheese once again. How did I get to to the recipe then? Well, you see I have been disappointed by flavored commercial cream cheese for some time. Ok, the plain cream cheese available in the market is alright but the ones with herbs and spices or garlic are just plain boring! So one fine day I just mixed cream cheese, some garlic and spices and voila my spicy cream cheese recipe was born!
I barely changed an ingredient over time and that’s because it is perfect as it is. The only thing I ask you to do is to get some creamy quality cream cheese or at least one that you enjoy and you are good to go. Again this is a much Indian inspired recipe. I wanted my husband to be able to enjoy it too and most of the time he needs at least some kind of spice as key flavor. Here I would say the garlic is dominating the field, followed by the chilli and bit of turmeric. Oh and by adding Coriander as a topping you not only improved the esthetics of the spread but also gave the flavor another dimension which completely rocks.
- 2 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- chopped Coriander for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients except the coriander in a bowl to a well incorporated spicy cream cheese. Spread on your bread and garnish with the chopped Coriander.
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Oven Baked Tandoori Chicken Recipe | How to make easy Tandoori Chicken with Marinade [+Video] - April 22, 2017
- Easy Tandoori Paste Recipe – How to make Tandoori Masala Spice Mix Marination [+Video] - April 15, 2017
- Fried Stuffed Okra with Goan Recheado Paste – How to make stuffed Okra [+Video] – Ladyfinger/Bhende Recipe - April 11, 2017