My house is a mess. Chaos is residing in my four walls, just for today’s day. I ll explain you whats going on. We are isolating from inside our ceiling, so that our house will be cooler in those scorching hot summer days, and for that we had to wait 3 days till that guy, who we hired, could come. So because of that I didn’t wash the floor of my house which by today’s day was making me already sick. Our house, THE ultimate sanctuary, is kind of now infected. You might think I am nuts but I am very peculiar when its about my home and those guys working in there are not the most hygienic people.
So now I am sitting in my garden, because I cant watch them messing up my place, and I am waiting till they are finished. It is already night, they better complete today, because one more day like that and I ll kill somebody! The humidity and temperatures are inhuman these days again and the mosquitoes are as loving as always. It was announced that tomorrow would be a day without electricity too. I can only shake my head and wait… wait for better times!
Because of the electricity cut, I wrote this post a day before, so don’t get confused! Anyway,… what’s my post all about?! My muse whispered me, or lets better say reminded me of a little curry, the Veg Caldinho Curry. Right now that’s my top curry recipe, my absolute favorite of all the Indian curries in this world. Its unique, yellowish green with mellow but satisfying flavors. Perfect for all those who scare away at the mention of hot spicy and the texture is a dream, wonderfully thick and filling. I have not met anybody who was disappointed by this typical Goan-Portuguese Curry. For those who have not dared much into pungent style Indian food, this curry will be a good start.
Yes, it was a stressful day, but we needed a pick up, a veg caldinho Curry and you wont believe me but it had its effect. Without it, I would have gone Berserk today. Because of it, I am only complaining and grumbling about our small situation here (sorry for that!). That’s one of my husbands ruses, he knows how to handle me, how to sooth me and keep me happy. If you haven’t guessed it yet, he is my eternal muse. =)
- ½ Coconut – grinded
- 1½ Tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 large Onion – sliced quartered
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground Coriander seeds
- 3 green Chilli – sliced in half (keep the seeds!)
- 1 Tablespoon Tamarind Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- pinch salt
- First of all grind the coconut and place it into a mixer jar together with the ginger garlic paste and a little bit of water (as shown in the picture). Mix it all to a coconut milk and keep in a bowl.
- In the same mixing jar add some more water and the turmeric, cumin, pepper and coriander powder. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Slice the onion fine and fry it with little oil till translucent.
- Add in the thin coconut water with the spice mix to the onions in the pot. Let it boil and then throw in the chillies, a Tbs of Tamarind juice, sugar and the salt.
- Let it simmer for 2 more minutes and add in the thick coconut milk. Mix well and cook for an other 3 minutes.
You might like...
Latest posts by Helene Dsouza (see all)
- Bebinca – Layered Goan Cake #ChristmasWeek #Freund - December 11, 2013
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies #ChristmasWeek - December 9, 2013
- Easy Butter Chicken Recipe – Murgh Makhani - December 6, 2013