ABC juice – Start your week healthy

by Helene Dsouza on February 6, 2012

Many foreigners come to India for a health trip. That might be to learn Yoga or to receive an Ayurvedic treatment. Most of them are looking to get back in touche with nature so they look for healthy foods and drinks, healthy beverages such as the ABC Juice. Further it is not surprising that each corner in touristic places, you discover some type of course to join or some library selling 1000 books all around meditation. This health propaganda surely is a huge trend here, especially in holy places but also in touristic party places such as Goa. Especially south Goa is seen as a regeneration retreat and in particular Palolem beach. In the north the party scene is stronger, but alcohol is not the main beverage  mostly fresh pressed juices are enjoyed.

ABC Juice #stepbystep #recipe masalaherb.com

After a full on party weekend some of us need to detox and some of us just need a Vitamin kick to start a fabulous new week. The healthiest juice combination, which we prepare for customers, is the ABC Juice (stands for Apple Beetroot Carrot). The origin of this particular juice recipe is a bit in the shadows and I don’t want to make falls claims. The importance is that it became quickly famous in the surroundings, some people would even have it daily early mornings before or after workout.  I love this juice and I advocate this miraculous Drink, that’s why you should include the ABC juice into your daily diet.

Apples are rich in Antioxidants, fibers, minerals and vitamins. Antioxidants prevent damage to our body cells, means they prevent carcinoma. The fiber content helps to regulate bowel movements and it reduces cholesterol. Apples further prevent dementia and over weight.

Beetroots are rich in important Antioxidants, minerals  and vitamins which support cardiovascular health (prevents harm to blood cells) and which assist the all over health of a human mind. Some studies have found that beetroot juice has a positive stamina effect, which makes it perfect as pre work out booster.

Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamins and minerals, especially Beta Carotene (Vitamin A). The root improves your eye sight, your skin and your immunity and fights and helps in preventing cancer. It is a great tonic and as a juice it will give you extra nutritious value.

[Source]

ABC Juice #stepbystep #recipe masalaherb.com

Thrown together into a juicer and you have a super health punch which will help you to prevent damage to your body cells and further even improve it. Plus points, if you drink the juice for breakfast and work out after that, you ll feel more active and so more alive. Luckily for us that it is so delicious!

ABC juice – Start your week healthy

Recipe type: Beverage
Serves: 1 Serving
Prep time:

• 2 Apples
  • ½ medium Beetroot
  • ½ kilogram juicy Carrots
  • honey - optional
  1. Peel and cut the Veggies into chunks and press them through a juicer (not blender!) into a glass. Mix it with honey to sweeten the beverage and taste.

ABC Juice #stepbystep #recipe masalaherb.com

What do you think,… will you include the ABC Juice to your 2012 Diet plan?

Featured here

Share on Facebook5Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+19Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Buffer this pageEmail this to someone

I am Helene, the author behind Masala Herb! My aim is to show you an incredible world full of surprises. Food, Culture and Travel are my forte and that's what I enjoy. Follow my Food and Travel adventures and learn some incredible things!Now in the beautifull Indian coastline state, Goa.

Stranger in a Strange Land

Hello:

I'll try it. I can see where it would be a good detox and rich in antioxidants & vitamins.

Thanks for the recipe,
Mike

escribble

I have a beet juice recipe as well — its so delish and nutritious :) Love the color!!

Amelia's De-ssert

Hi Helene, thank you for sharing your ABC juice and information. Very refreshing and rich in vitamins. Have a nice day.

@Stranger @Kiran @Amelia thank u guys. its very delicious, one of my favs. =)

Rosa's Yummy Yums

A fantastic juice! What a great combination of healthy ingredients. I love everything about it.

Cheers,

Rosa

Helene

thx Rosa! =D

This is the PERFECT detox food…if only I could get myself to like beets…

Helene

I dont like beets either but thats why this juice is perfect because u dont get to taste the beets that much. I recommend Joanne that u give it a try. ;)

I love beet root and so happy to see healthy drinks!  :-)

Helene

great, then u can add lil more beet into the juice if u like the taste! very healthy too.

u ll love the abc juice then nami! =)

Frugal in WV

Love the new site, looks great! This drink looks delicious, I love the bright red color!

It is very healthy too. u cant do anything wrong by drinking it, it tastes awesome too.

Terra

YES! I have said, I need to try beets in fresh juice.  It looks, and sounds delicious! I finally tried kale, parsley, and mint juice, and that rocked! Hugs, Terra

talking about mint juice u reminded me of some great israeli drink. I gotta post the recipe one day. =) thanks Terra!

Magda

My dear Helene
Welcome come to my blog and many thanks for so kind comment!
I’m very happy, that you are from wonderful Austria and you liked my post!
You are the first friend from Austria.
Tell my please, the name of your town or village in Austria, if you want :) I love so much Austria!
Your blog iso so beautiful, with many delicious recipes!
Thank you for that!
Many greetings my friend:)

Natalie FoodAtick

Gorgeous photography!!  I love it especially the colors of the juice it is stunning.  Not only is food delicious but it is beautiful.

Ranni

Hi helene
Thanx for sharing the juice recipe. Its yummy. The only thing i wanted to know is, ive heard its really good for your skin! In what way? And how long does it take before you see the results? Thnx

Hi Ranni!
I guess its good for the skin since the juice includes fresh apples, carrots and beetroots but mostly the carrot will support a healthy skin since it included Beta Carotin. For the results I can’t tell you since it depends on how you have treated your body in the past and of course it depends too on your environment, on what ingredients you choose (organic or hybrid), how often you drink it/how regularly and your genetics. So you see it’s really hard to tell. But I would suggest a glass per day for over a period of time (or as long as possible) and soon you should be seeing some results. The most important thing is to have a balanced nutritious diet too, so if you want to have a pretty skin then I suggest to take in omega fatty acids (fish, flax seeds) and don’t forget proteins and others.

Ranni

Thank you so much for replying helene, its been almost three weeks since ive started the abc juice! And i feel im more energetic since….. Im vegetarian so i cant take fish, but was wondering if i can take flax seed oil in the juice, and would you kindly tell me how many tsp to take in the juice? Oh yeh i drink the juice first thing in the morning, an hour before my coffee. Thnx again for your advice, :-)

Hi Ranni! Very sorry btw for the late reply… it has been a bit crazy lately.
Oh ok so then fish is out. hm I am not sure if you can add flaxseed oil to a juice. Wouldn’t it swim on top and it might not taste so good after all.
You could use flaxseeds ground or as oil in a fruit salad, that’s what we do or add it to some yoghurt/curd. Usually I leave them in the yoghurt for some time (if I use them as whole seeds) so that they get soft, since my husband prefers it that way. ^.^ If you have any more questions or requests or whatever let me know, I ll be happy to help out.

Ranni

Hi helene,
Thanx for the advice…. Will do as u said. I absolutely love this juice and am trying to get my hubby and kids to drink it aswell as would want them to benefit from it too! :-) thnx for taking ur time to reply. X

sahood

should add water to juicer..? Or simply carrot apple nd beet root..?

Hi Sahood. You don’t need to add water to the juicer. Just press the apple and carrot through first and the beetroot last because the red beet stains a bit. This is a pure fruit and vegetable juice without water needed. =) Hope that helps.